Abbazia di Piona

The abbey of Piona, or more precisely, the Priory of Piona, a typical building of the art in squared stone, also reachable from the lake by boat, is a rare jewel of Lombard Romanesque architecture.

Located on the Olgiasca peninsula, opposite Gravedona on the extreme point of the Lecco branch, it offers a splendid panoramic view of the western coast of the Lario, as well as the opportunity to savor the tranquility and peace enjoyed by the Cistercian monks who still live there today.

Consecrated in 1138 and dedicated to the Virgin, the first mention of the Cluniac monastery dates back to 1169 with the title to San Nicolò.